The Information in this article is specifically for students in Photography 20 at the Saskatchewan Distance Learning Centre.
Table of Contents
- Accessing OneDrive in your Web Browser
- Creating a New Folder in OneDrive
- Uploading Files and Folders From Your Computer
- Syncing Files and Folders from your Computer (Optional)
- Using OneDrive from a Phone App
- Sharing Files and Folders to your Teachers
Important: Before you can use Microsoft OneDrive, you will need to access and set up your Saskatchewan Distance Learning Centre Microsoft 365 account. If you haven’t done this yet, please see the instructions here.
Microsoft OneDrive is a cloud storage service that is included with the Microsoft 365 suite. OneDrive allows you to create, store, organize, access, edit, and share your files online through a web interface. You can also upload files from your computer to back them up and share them with others
Accessing OneDrive in your Web Browser
Creating a New Folder in OneDrive
Important: For Photography 20, you will need to set up a folder for your Photography 20 assignments. This folder should be titled "Firstname Lastname - Photo 20" where "Firstname" and "Lastname" are replaced with your own first and last names.
Uploading Files and Folders From Your Computer
Syncing Files and Folders from your Computer (Optional)
If your computer has Windows 10 or Windows 11 installed, the OneDrive sync app is already installed. If you do not have the OneDrive sync app installed, you can download it at this link.
- To start the OneDrive sync app, open your Start menu, search for “OneDrive” and click to open it.
- Following the instructions in the pop up window, enter your SaskDLC Microsoft 365 account information.
- Click ‘Sign in.’
- You can accept the default OneDrive folder location (OneDrive – SaskDLC) or designate another folder on your computer to be synchronized to OneDrive.
- In the next window, you can determine how files will be synchronized. Files can be made available on your computer at all times or they can be stored in OneDrive and downloaded only when needed to save space on your computer.
- If you have not done so, create a new folder in your OneDrive synced folder on your computer titled “Firstname Lastname – Photo 20” for your Photography 20 work. Note that any files in this folder will be visible to your Photography 20 teacher after you have shared it.
Please see the Microsoft OneDrive support page for more specific information about syncing files to your SaskDLC OneDrive using the OneDrive sync app.
Important: To protect your privacy, your SaskDLC Microsoft 365 OneDrive account should be used for school-related purposes only. Please note that all use of your SaskDLC Microsoft 365 account must comply with our acceptable use of technology policy and all applicable laws.
Using OneDrive from a Phone App
After installing and setting up OneDrive on your mobile device, you can upload photos directly from your phone to your OneDrive folder.
Sharing Files and Folders to your Teachers
Important: You will need to submit your Photography 20 assignments using your SaskDLC Microsoft 365 account. Please do not use a personal account. This will make sharing files back and forth much simpler for both you and your teacher.
When you begin Photography 20, you will need to share the Photo 20 folder you created earlier to your according to the instructions below so that your teacher can receive the assignments.
Please store all photos for your assignments in your Photo 20 folder. Do not send individual files to your teacher. You will need to copy and submit the links to the photos taken for your individual photos into the assignment submission page for each specific assignment.
Please check with your teacher if you need any support.
Sharing your Photography 20 Folder from your Web Browser
Sharing your Photography 20 Folder from your Windows Computer
If your computer is running Windows 10 or 11 and has the OneDrive sync app installed, you can share directly from your desktop.
Sharing your Photography 20 Folder from your Mobile App
- In your OneDrive app, locate the Photo 20 folder.
- Tap on the three-dot menu beside the folder and select "Share" from the menu.
- You can choose to "Copy link" and paste it into an email to send to your teacher or you can tap "Invite people" to send a notification directly.
- If you choose to "Invite people," enter your teacher's email address on the next screen, choose "Allow editing."
- Tap the send mail arrow icon in the top right to send the invitation.
Sharing Individual Files in OneDrive
When you click the three-dot menu beside a file, you can also choose to copy a link. Document links can be submitted on the assignment submission page for each assignment in the online course. Please ensure that all photos for your assignments are saved in your OneDrive Photo 20 folder.